In our group we decided to come up with the theme of an independent rom-com, with a twist… We plan on creating a short POV dream sequence to portray the protagonist’s fantasy. He then gets awaken by his mother, and this is when the true identity is revealed to the audience that he is a high school geek, fantasising over the ‘it’ girl.
Dream Sequence (George’s house)
· Setting – Party, house party
· Camera shots – POV, distorted grainy view to emphasise dream.
· Transparent layered shots symbolising the flickering of his memory, as his mum tries to wake him up. Echoed voice “you can’t be late”.
· Spots girl with back to him, as he approaches and embraces her – increased distortion and change of speed (slow mo.)
Bedroom Sequence (shot in Dan’s Bedroom)
· Silence, only the sound of alarm clock, establishing shots of room (nerdy bedroom camera can linger longer than needs to). He gets up – shows quick nerdy routine.
· Sits down at computer (turns to POV of him and computer) also close up of hands on keyboard.
· Credit sequence: profile names credits, (also world of warcraft account name being credit)
· Short clip of Leah in New York presented as video upload on dating profile, also show his profile as hot hunk- he leaves comment on her video.
School (Maths corridor)
· Walks into school, bell goes. Rushing around.
· Walking through the corridors, everybody blanks him and gives him grief, he is bullied. (by same people who loved him in dream sequence).
· Sees girl again with back to him, again she turns around as he approaches, this time she ignores him (shot of Girl in party flickers onto screen) title flickers up (compute font).